New Jersey Couples Therapy Training Program
Semester-Long Classes (12 weekly sessions):
- C101 The Practice of Systemic-Psychodynamic Couples Therapy, Part One
- C102 The Practice of Systemic-Psychodynamic Couples Therapy, Part Two
Mini-Courses (5 sessions):
- M201A Sexuality in Couples Therapy, Part One
- M201B Sexuality in Couples Therapy, Part Two
- M202 Approaches to Impasses in Couples Therapy: The Expected and the Unexpected
- W301 Managing Affairs: Clinical Models for Harnessing the Power of Infidelity
- W302 Trauma and Its Impact on Couples Therapy
- W303 Common Factors in Multiple Couples Therapy Approaches: Imago, EFT, & Systemic-Psychodynamic Couples Therapy
- W304 Attachment Theory and Couples Therapy
- W305 Countertransference and the Use of the Therapist's Self in Couples Therapy
- W306 Addictions, Shame, and Violence and Couples Therapy
Students will be expected to complete 40 hours of individual supervision during the two years of the program. They can schedule this in any frequency they would like. They can utilize one or more supervisors. They will be encouraged to explore their own relationship issues/styles as a component of the supervision since this can be an important source of countertransference when working with a couple. Supervision will occur in supervisors' offices.
Special Accommodations NeededIf you require ADA accommodations, please contact Cathy Van Voorhees (973-912-4432) at least two weeks before the course date so that arrangements can be made.